Bringing you the climate-positive innovations that we need for a low carbon future -Meet the 28 companies pitching at Cleantech Venture Week
The long wait is finally over – Cambridge Cleantech and Oxfordshire Greentech are pleased to announce the 28 climate-positive businesses who will take the virtual stage at Cleantech Venture Week come November 23rd-26th 2020. Join us to meet some of the most innovative cleantech companies who are working to bring down greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050.
Our esteemed panel of judges whittled down the 120 applications received to the most exciting, investment-ready top 28. Meet the pitching companies who together represent 5 sectors crucial in the fight against climate change – circular economy, energy transition, future mobility, smart cities and building tech and water resources.
“We are delighted with the potential of the companies who will be pitching this year, and excited to offer them opportunities to meet with investors. It has become increasingly clear that innovative climate-positive technologies are part of the solution to the climate crisis and need to be encouraged in a post-pandemic world. We invite individuals interested in investing in a zero carbon world to join us to hear from some of the very best in the field at Cleantech Venture Week,” said Martin Garratt, CEO of Cambridge Cleantech.
Here are the 28 companies selected to pitch:
- Biocycle Innovations Ltd. – biodegradable polymers that can replace single-use plastics
- Origin by Ocean – turning ocean grown biomass into ingredients for FMCG and pharma
- Refurbed – online marketplace for refurbished electronics.
- SilviBio – improving forestry in moisture-deficit conditions
- Syntoil – sustainable replacement for virgin carbon black
- Brite Hellas SA – solar panels for greenhouses
- Gelatex Technologies – Revolutionising nanofiber production for energy storage
- Gravitricity Ltd – grid-scale underground energy storage.
- Sennen – powerful, affordable, and effective data systems for clean energy sector
- Sol Chip – leading energy harvesting company that offers maintenance-free solar batteries and solar-powered IoT communication platforms.
- Zeigo – climate-tech platform which deploys machine learning to reduce the complexities surrounding renewable energy procurement
- Advanced Dynamics Pte. Ltd – retrofitting 19+ million used fossil fuel cars and trucks to solar electric vehicles
- Circunomics GmbH – an IoT circularity platform, used by mobility OEM, utilities, recyclers and refurbishers to digitize the life-cycle of billions of batteries.
- Electric Miles Ltd – intelligent SaaS solution for Electric Vehicle charging and charge flexibility sales to the National Grid.
- EnPower, Inc. – developing fast charge Lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles that can charge 3X faster and generate 70% higher power with no degradation to service life.
- EZ Charge Limited – start-up company that will operationalise 150 EV charge points around Oxfordshires’ Local Authority car parks
- Sunswap Ltd – displacing diesel transport refrigeration units with the first cost-competitive battery and solar powered alternative.
Smart Cities & Building Tech
- Airex – London based technology startup with the mission to tackle Fuel Poverty and Climate Change.
- Camnexus – real-time IoT solutions that integrate low carbon sensors and connectivity to help key productive sectors to efficiently manage their resources
- My Global Home – UK Government award-winning company that provides developers with a platform to deliver sustainable and connected homes.
- SmartHelio – real-time automated reporting to provide diagnosis and prescriptive analysis to Solar plant owners
- Vestemi – Their revolutionary heating control, Radbot, is designed to make energy efficiency simple, affordable and accessible for all.
- Vortexiot Ltd – building AI driven data and network solutions that monitor air quality and detect pollution helping smart cities, industries and transport infrastructure to improve the environment
- BOSAQ QV – Tech drinking water company focused on developing and selling technologies for decentralized drinking water supply,
- Naturbeads – Naturbeads is scaling up a technology to produce biodegradable cellulose beads to replace polluting fossil fuel-based plastic microbeads.
- Propelair – Propelair manufactures the world’s lowest water-flush toilet, helping commercial customers reduce costs, their impact on the environment and improve hygiene.
- Saturas Ltd. – innovative trunk embedded sensor for trees, vines, etc. to enable precision irrigation.
- Waterblade – Waterblade is today’s answer to the question, how can you make a small amount of water more useful.
Cleantech Venture Days have been running since 2006, and over the last 14 years more than 250 companies have pitched their ideas and as over 600 million euros invested post the events. This is the first time the event is being held in a virtual format.
“We are proud to partner with Cambridge Cleantech to organise Cleantech Venture Week. We had a number of Oxfordshire Greentech companies pitch at the last event in February, a testimony to the quality and investment-readiness of companies in our network. We look forward to a week of excellent pitches and networking,” – Nicole Lazarus, Director of Oxfordshire Greentech.
“Clean Growth UK is proud to be part of this prestigious event for the second time. SME innovation is a key asset in meeting the environmental challenges facing us all, and Cleantech Venture Week is a terrific window through which to view it.” – Mark Riminton, Investment Platform Manager, Clean Growth UK.
“After a very successful Cleantech Venture Day in February partly hosted at the French Residence in London, many aspects of life were put on hold. As we all come to grips with the new normal, Choose Paris Region remains committed to giving its support to start-ups and investors focusing their business on making a smart and sustainable impact. We look forward to taking part in the Cleantech Venture Week and making more connections between the Paris Region and the UK: this year’s new format with 28 environmentally-friendly innovations and expert talks will contribute to a strong relationship between the 2 geographies with huge potential and strong assets.” – Lionel Grotto, CEO, Choose Paris Region, who are partnering this event.
The selected pitching companies are looking forward to their chance to present their work to potential investors and collaborators.
Ms. Anat Solomon Halgoa, Co-Founder & CEO of Saturas, one of the selected pitching companies, said, “We are honoured to pitch at Cleantech Venture Week and demonstrate how Saturas’ technology truly contributes to climate-positive agricultural practices on multiple levels. Our precise irrigation management saves a precious resource – our water, and at the same time minimizes groundwater contamination caused by runoff. It’s a win-win for farmers and for our earth.”
“Gravitricity’s technology will play a huge part in enabling the energy transition worldwide, so we’re very happy to be taking part in Cleantech Venture Week and look forward to pitching,” said Charlie Blair, founder of Edinburgh-based Gravitricity.
“We are looking forward to sharing our vision for EV charging in car parks with investors,” said Phil Shadbolt, CEO of EZ Charge Limited.
We are grateful to our partners Oxfordshire Greentech, KPMG, Choose Paris Region, Clean Growth UK, Oxford Technology Park, Zero Carbon Capital, JA Kemp, Catax, S-Tech, Urban and Civic and Hewitsons for supporting this event. Join us for what promises to be a week full of exciting pitches, talks and (virtual) networking!
Early bird tickets are now available – visit www.cleantechventureweek.com for more information.
Cleantech Venture Day/Week:
Cleantech Venture Day is an annual pitching-and investment day where some of the most innovative climate-positive companies across Europe present their ideas to experienced investors and financiers, and has been running since 2006 in Finland and the UK. This November we are launching the event in a new digital format. Find out more here.
Cambridge Cleantech is a leading membership organisation connecting innovators, corporates, academics, SMEs and investors for a smarter, more sustainable future. Find out more here.
Oxfordshire Greentech is the business network for a low carbon future, dedicated to growing the low carbon sector in Oxfordshire. Find out more here.
Cinthya Anand, Communications Manager at Cambridge Cleantech, for more information at email@example.com
Ph. 07561 466 458