Oxford Technology Park proudly announces FitnessGenes as the recipient of the prestigious Cherwell Business Awards Innovation Award. As the sponsor of this esteemed award, Oxford Technology Park extend a heartfelt congratulations to FitnessGenes for their outstanding contribution to innovation in the business community.
The Cherwell Business Awards, held on Friday 8 September 2023, celebrated excellence and innovation across various sectors in the Cherwell district. This event brought together business leaders, companies, and organisations to acknowledge and honor remarkable achievements within the community.
FitnessGenes, a trailblazing company in the field of health and wellness, was recognised for their pioneering work in leveraging DNA Testing and genetic insights to optimise fitness and well-being. Their innovative approach not only represents a breakthrough in the fitness industry but also underscores the potential of science and technology to enhance our lives.
Angus Bates, Developer at Oxford Technology Park said: “We are honoured to sponsor the Innovation Award and to play a role in celebrating organisations that push the boundaries of conventional thinking. We believe that fostering innovation is crucial for driving economic growth and making a positive impact on society.”
As a leader in providing a collaborative environment for innovative businesses, Oxford Technology Park understands the importance of recognising and supporting those who drive innovation in the region. The success of FitnessGenes serves as an inspiration for all businesses and entrepreneurs striving to make a difference through innovation.
Marie Parkinson, Director of the Cherwell Business Awards, expressed her enthusiasm for the Innovation Award and its significance in recognising forward-thinking businesses. She stated, “Innovation is the cornerstone of progress, and FitnessGenes exemplifies the spirit of creative thinking and cutting-edge solutions that drive our community forward.”
The winners of the other 2023 Cherwell Business Awards include:
- The Becky Moyce Tribute Award: Wendy Tindsley, Oxford Innovation
- The Bicester Village – Charity and Community Award: Nai’s House CIO
- The Bicester Vision and Wednesday Business Club – Small Business Award: Bicester Wills
- The Ellacotts – Business Person of the Year Award: Katie Roberts – The Just Dance Company
- The High Spec Composites – Engineering Excellence Award: The Little Car Company
- The Kärcher – Young Business person of the Year Award: Nairne Barker – Abingdon and Witney College
- The Nicholsons – Sustainable Business Award: Cherwell Collective, CIC
- The OJI Marketing – New Business Award: Darcica Logistics
- The SE-Solicitors – Large Business Award: Tugo Food Systems
- The Wild Property Consultancy – Town Centre Award: Lock 29
- The Engineering Trust – Apprentice Employer of the Year Award: Specsavers Kidlington
For more information about the Gala Dinner and Awards evening, visit the Cherwell Business Awards website.