Oxford Technology Park (OTP) is thrilled to announce that it has been awarded the prestigious ‘Deal of the Year Award’ at the OxpropFest Awards 2023, organised by UK Property Forums. The ceremony, which took place on Tuesday 12th September at the stunning Keble College in Oxford, celebrated outstanding achievements in the Oxfordshire property market.
OTP was honored with the Deal of the Year Award for the acquisition of OTP from Angus Bates (Hill Street Holdings) to Life Science REIT (AIM: LABS), a real estate investment trust specialising in UK life science properties. This remarkable achievement was further bolstered by a series of significant deals and the attraction of prominent occupiers to the park.
Among the notable occupiers that have chosen OTP as their new home are:
- Arcturis Data Limited: A healthcare technology company focused on advanced analytics and machine learning for generating real-world evidence and healthcare insights. Arcturis has signed a lease for 5,509 sq. ft. of space in Building One at OTP for ten years, with a break clause and rent review at the end of the fifth year. Additionally, the company has plans to complete an additional 262,000 sq. ft. of space at OTP (Buildings Six – Eleven) within the next 18 months.
- Oxford Ionics Limited: A record-breaking Oxford University spin-out specialising in scalable quantum computing. Oxford Ionics has secured a two-year lease for 4,887 sq. ft. of space in Building One at OTP, with a break clause at the end of the first year. This initial accommodation will serve as the company’s base while it prepares to occupy larger long-term space within the park.
- LGC’s The Native Antigen Company (TNAC): A leading supplier of reagents for research into diagnostics and vaccines for infectious diseases. TNAC has secured a ten-year lease for Building Three, a new 49,000 sq. ft. high-tech R&D and manufacturing facility at OTP.
The OxpropFest Awards ceremony was a sold-out event attended by more than 300 industry professionals. The awards were presented at a black-tie presentation event at Keble College, featuring former British javelin thrower Goldie Sayers as the guest speaker.
Matthew Battle, Managing Director of UK Property Forums, expressed his delight at the event, saying:
“It was a great evening and really great to be back in Oxford. The feedback has been amazingly positive. The atmosphere on the night reflected both the quality of the submissions and levels of activity in the Oxfordshire property market.”
The OxpropFest Awards recognised the excellence of various players in the Oxfordshire property market across multiple categories.
Other winners included:
- Matt Batt Award: Debbie Dance, Oxford Preservation Society
- Best Consultant Team: Ridge
- Best Architect: Hawkins\Brown
- Best Contractor: Kingerlee
- Best Commercial Project: Swailes SuperLab, Oxford
- Best Residential Development (Large Scheme): Park View, Woodstock
- Best Residential Development (Small Scheme): Zion’s Hill, Woodstock
- Best Low Carbon Building: Wolfson College, Oxford
- Project of the Year: Cheng Yu Tung Building, Jesus College, Oxford
- NextGen Award: Izzie Diment, Paul Basham Associates; Liv Thomas, Savills
- The County Award: Moderna deal at ARC Harwell Campus
- Team of the Year: OXPlace
- Leader of the Year: Harriet Waters, University of Oxford